Are you an accounting professional with experience in Federal government accounting? Do you have experience working with high-level executives in the Federal space? Do you have strategic and critical thinking skills, strong analytical capabilities, and excellent communication skills? If so, this job may be the right fit for you.
We are currently seeking an Senior Accountant in the DC Metro area to serve as an accounting expert. In this role, you’ll be doing general ledger operational accounting and reporting support to ensure the proprietary and budgetary account balances are properly stated, to include analysis and reconciliation of IPACs, Suspense Accounts, General Fund Receipt accounts, Revenue Fee accounts, Purchase Card transactions, PYA transactions, and Purchase Obligations.
- Overseeing an accounting team of 5, ensuring all deliverables are submitted timely and accurately and in compliance with the SOW.
- Providing Federal accounting technical support in a fast-paced environment, requiring interaction with multiple offices
- Preparing general ledger journal entries and TIER adjustments for posting, including entries to correct errors and abnormal balances.
- Reviewing, researching and reconciling PYA transactions (obligation, de-obligation, and refund transactions associated with expired and unexpired appropriations), and preparing upward/downward adjustments as needed.
- Utilizing experience with SF-133/MER, Fund Balance with Treasury, and Trading partner elimination/reimbursable agreement to research and resolve general ledger posting and reporting issues.
- Preparing Trend/Flux Analyses explanations for client leadership.
- Preparing monthly accounts receivable accrual and reconciliation for security fees, and semi-annually review the methodology.
- Reviewing and reconciling passenger fee and civil penalty revenue activity.
- Reviewing and reconciling IPAC payable transactions daily.
- Reviewing, monitoring, and clearing suspense account activity in compliance with Treasury requirements.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reconciling General Fund Receipt (GFR) account activity.
- Analyzing and recording advance and prepayment transactions for commercial and government vendors.
- Monitoring and preparing reports on prompt payment activity.
- Supporting agency compliance with DATA Act reporting requirements.
- Supporting internal and external audits by providing assistance with preparing responses to audit requests.
- Conducting ad hoc research, preparing analysis, and providing write-ups as requested by client leadership.
- Strong background in Federal accounting or financial management.
- Ability to comfortably work with high-level Federal executives.
- Superior analytical capabilities and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability with minimal oversight.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills used in client management and staff guidance, technical instructions, and status reporting.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, pivot, and think strategically.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other relevant discipline.
- At least eight or more years of Federal Financial and/or Operational Accounting experience.
- Demonstrated experience preparing operational accounting USSGL compliant entries (resolving reporting errors a plus).
- GWA/CARS and Oracle experience a plus
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Access, with advanced proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, lookup functions, etc.)